(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12.2.10

VERY MYSTERIOUS CRITTERS - what are they?




I came across these delicious looking critters in Brisbane some years ago. They immediately struck me as worthy of an appearance in Neelix's kitchen as alien food in an episode of Star Trek Voyager. I didn't try to eat them though (top photo shows the seed after flesh was removed) and the trees have since been chopped down. I've always wondered what they were. Did I miss a gourmet treat? Or was I spared an agonising death had I tasted one? Many of them were growing on a couple of shrubs about 2.5 metres high and the householders hadn't picked up any windfall fruit so perhaps they weren't delicious after all. Then again, some people leave their citrus to rot too. No accounting for taste is there?


Meanwhile, I'm left wondering....

No comments:

Post a Comment