(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

21.11.10

ANOTHER SCENTED SUNDAY

I enjoyed another scented walk for the paper this morning, starting (clockwise from top left) with mock orange which is apparently a weed! I wish all weeds were as fragrant. Then fragrant frangipani; this beautiful white example from a tree down the road has a strong perfume. My own tree isn't anywhere near as fragrant even though the flowers look the same. Star Jasmine is out in full force everywhere at the moment too. Finally, there's a surprise: this yellow flower is on a very large tree growing on the footpath. Its waxy petals and scent both remind me a little of magnolia however I couldn't find any photos of yellow magnolia that looked like this one. So another UFO for us to track down.