(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1.5.11

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...



Yesterday, I did a digital camera workshop around Brisbane's CBD that's designed to get people away from only using the 'auto' on their cameras. I must say I had a great time, learned a lot and am now officially obsessed with line, texture and shape when I take a photo. My trip home on the train was a revelation (see 3rd photo) and if people hadn't started looking at me sideways, I may have taken more. The top photo was one of the instructor's favourites of mine when looking for line and texture (perhaps he was just being kind) and in the middle is my favourite from the day. If you're interested in such a thing in your neck of the woods, look here and click on the relevant city or find them on facebook here. I highly recommend the tour for anyone who wants to learn a bit more about how to take better photographs.