(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7.8.11

ICONIC BEAUTY IN SEASON

Wattle is out in force now and some varieties (there are over 600!) have been for a month or more up here; the spikey one above (bottom left) possibly for the last 3 months and is now dying off, then suddenly I noticed a similar wattle (bottom right) started replacing it. It's a stronger yellow.  I'm always thrilled to see wattle and love the different colours and shapes of both flowers and leaves although their fragrance is often too strong for me and gives me headaches. I know anyone who suffers from hayfever won't appreciate them quite as much as I do either. 
 I think above left might actually be our iconic golden wattle and the one on the right is just as attractive, only not so yellow and the balls of fluff are quite tiny.