(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11.1.12

"WHAT'S THIS?" WEDNESDAY XVI - MORE MYSTERY [SOLVED] PINK [CASSIA]

Once again showing my ignorance, I present another What's This?  I was pleased to find this tree flowering nearby. Unfortunately, it's such a tall tree, it's difficult to get close up shots of the flower.  If only I had access to a crane or a hot air balloon.  I did drive past an even more beautiful example last weekend but, alas, there was nowhere to stop to try for a photograph.  It reminds me of poinciana but with larger leaves, although the trees are far less common than the glorious poinciana which are still hogging the horizon around here. 
[edit 15/1/12:  My daughter found out that this is a pink cassia, pink shower tree or cassia bakeriana. It's a native of Thailand and is drought resistant.]