(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15.5.12

MOTHERS DAY HIGH TEA

 I was lucky enough to win high tea for 5 at the Stamford Plaza in Brisbane courtesy of the Hotel and High Tea Society recently and chose to take Pam, our Mum and my 2 daughters last week as our Mother's Day celebration seeing as I would be working on the Day.  Above is the setting for the high tea which is held in the lobby. Quite sumptuous surroundings.
 Part of the table decorations, I'm thinking dahlia or aster but I'm probably wrong. Beautiful, nevertheless.
Some of the goodies. Absolutely scrumptious I assure you.  We could have ordered more, included in the price apparently, but restrained ourselves, finding what was on offer to be an elegant sufficiency. And washed down a treat with Moet Chandon and delicate, fragrant tea varieties served in stylish china.
Prices vary ($35-55 per head) depending on whether you have standard, bubbly or the Moet.