(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

29.6.12

FLUFFY TASTY MORSEL? FAIRY FLOSS PERHAPS?





I found this leaf and it's occupant/s under a tree in my backyard, but have no idea what it/they are!
I've never seen them before....have you?
You can just see tiny white dense spots under the hair like mass in the middle pic, which I take to be the eggs or larvae of whatever made this amazingly interesting 'nest'! Or perhaps it's the anchor for the hairy strands and the insects are no longer amongst the mass!
I've tried googling it but couldn't quite work out how to word the search.  :)

Unfortunately, though I had left it where it was so I could follow the progress, all the rain we've had in the past week has more or less destroyed it all.  :(  as you can see in the last pic.