(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

25.8.12

EGGS-ELLENT RESULT

I'm sure the neighbours would have been puzzled had they been watching.  What was that woman doing now?  
Having noticed the nest was unattended, I quickly taped a mirror to the end of a broom and swept into action. Leaning over the railing, with broom in left hand and camera in the right, I was able to see two eggs in the empty nest and quickly snapped this reflection before almost losing my balance.  Fortunately, I didn't "sweep" the nest out of the tree. I had only just returned the broom when Mum came home.  Phew! That was close, but now I know how many babies I/she should have. 
This one is a little difficult to see but was amazed to see the bird's tongue in this shot; handy for feeding the chicks when they arrive.