(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

17.7.13

"WHAT'S THIS?" WEDNESDAY XXIV - ANOTHER ROADSIDE BEAUTY


It's been a while since I posted a "What's This?" and not because I suddenly know everything but because I have managed to find names for things before posting recently.  However, this attractive daisy has me stumped. I suspect it will be a weed. 
 Such a pretty weed though. Perhaps Council knows what it is?  If only I could remember to ring and ask them!
These are the seed pods which are taking over from the flowers.  The light green on dark green still makes quite a nice display as one zooms past them growing along the sides of the roads here on the Sunshine Coast.
The shrub is quite a size, towering well above me. At least 3m.
I'm reminded of the Japanese Sunflower which is very prolific around here, which is also a weed.

No comments:

Post a Comment