(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

23.5.15

ON GOLDEN RIVER...

The Maroochy River is fast becoming a favourite spot as you can tell by yet another post centred there.  This time as the sun was setting.  I just missed Mr Pelican here fly off over towards the boats. He has a massive wing span.  I'll get him one day.
These 2 egrets (and a passing seagull) were out to dinner on the River.
I think the colours speak for themselves. Golden. 
 And here is Mr Pelican again, swimming around on a golden pond. 
His mate is Mr Plover.

“If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God.” 
― G.K. Chesterton

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy! Oh my gosh, it definitely was a golden time there. Aren't those photos beautiful and soft in the waning light. They all evoke such a peaceful and serene feeling. Well done :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Light on the water is very peaceful. It's fast becoming a favourite spot.

      Delete
  2. Ah.....Pelicans - wonderful birds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they Badger. Magnificent creatures.

      Delete