(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

27.4.20

APPROVED EXERCISE BRINGS RESULTS...

 Because our activities are being curtailed due to Covid-19 I'm grateful we are able to exercise, which for me means long walks around town, camera at the ready. Although I must say it's like Pitt Street out there sometimes with so many people exercising. I just wish the ones with unleashed dogs would stay at home. Too many people think the rules don't apply to them.
My first azure kingfisher for the year. I disturbed it unfortunately so it flew off after I got this shot while moving in for a better snap. They are beautiful birds but always look a bit lopsided to me with that very short tail and very long beak.
Another blue tiger butterfly settled in front of me so, of course, I had to take its photograph. It looked more black and white in the sun. 
 I see a lot of brown thornbills in my backyard but took this because, to be honest, I didn't know what it was when I snapped it but love the shot. Peek-a-boo!
These two red-backed fairy wrens (female above, male below) where taking food back to a nest I suspect, as they disappeared into long grass with their catches. 
 "Look what I caught!" The willy wagtail's catch was almost as big as it is. 
 Not the best shot of a male golden whistler but the best I could get because he flitted around quickly hiding behind foliage. 
 Again, not my best shot of a platypus because he's swimming away but I hadn't seen one for a few weeks so was pleased to get this.
This colourful little bird is a striated pardalote.
 They are nesting in burrows in a nearby bank (another reason I don't like unleashed dogs on the trail) and will fly down to check on everything. 
My first Yellow Admiral butterfly!
What it looks like with wings open.


No comments:

Post a Comment