(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30.5.10

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS


After the snowflake tree (post below) I was quite taken to see this magnificent red poinsettia on my walk this morning. This example is quite a compact shrub and the flowers are large and look like the red bows you'd see on a Christmas tree; the shrubs are often a bit leggy looking with smaller flowers than these. I couldn't help thinking it's a shame the owners haven't planted a snowflake as well, how good would that look? Poinsettia are out everywhere at the moment here in Queensland (or my part of it anyway) and in a few different colours. On my drive to work I see a couple a different reds, doubles, a cream and an apricot colour but the lighter colours (top) don't have quite the same impact do they? These plants also have an insignificant flower and the colour is provided by bracketing leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment