(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

26.5.10

SNOW IN MAY??




I've noticed this magnificent white shrub recently on my drive to work. Another UFO (Unidentified Floral Object) of course. From the close up you can see the flower is quite insignificant but combined with the white leaves it definitely puts on a Christmassy show (or should that read 'snow'?).
[edit 30.5.10 - I have had a couple of people tell me this plant is commonly called a snow flake tree but have been unable to verify that or find its true name on the web, the snowflake tree I found looks nothing like this. I found one down the road (middle) that hasn't quite turned yet so you can see that it is quite a nondescript plant before the foliage turns white. I'll be interested to see what happens after the show is over]

No comments:

Post a Comment