(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15.5.10

NOT YOUR USUAL TULIP




The African Tulip tree is out in force at the moment in my area. Every vista has at least one example of this striking looking tree hogging the lime light with its flaming flowers. To my eye the cup-like flower is more red than orange however my photos have come out more orange. There is one example nearby that is actually more yellow to the naked eye. Perhaps I should take a shot of that one to see how the camera sees its colour. I'd never seen the flower close up before until I noticed a tree on my drive to work has a couple of low branches so was able to stop one afternoon to get a good shot. Parrots love them and tend to get a bit tiddly from the nectar I'm told.

No comments:

Post a Comment