(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

25.6.10

AUTUMN CARPET

I've only realised in the past couple of weeks that there were more of those wonderful autumn colours showing up. They arrive a lot later here on the Coast than in cooler climates although having said that, I haven't been to Maleny or Montville of late so perhaps the hills were ablaze with autumn colours earlier and I was just blissfully ignorant. This beautiful example (liquid ambar) is the only one I've been able to snap easily and have to apologise for the power pole background; I just couldn't get a better angle. I've got my eye on another one which has only just now started to change but the wet weather has thwarted my efforts so far, stay tuned for updates.
[edit 1/7/10 - that tree I had my eye on went bald practically overnight so don't think I'll have any more autumn colours for you]

No comments:

Post a Comment