(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11.11.10

TICKLED PINK

I was tickled pink to find this chocolate lilly (top left) near where my daughter was married. I have read that the roots are edible but no idea if they actually taste like chocolate. They look a little mauve in the picture but were very pink in the field. Top right is a Lilli Pilli (Cascade) with gloriously ticklish looking flowers. The fruit is edible and makes a good jam. Bottom right is a eucalypt but I don't have a name for this particular type. The group is rounded off by a stunning native planted around the Sunshine Motorway exit to the airport. Another UFO but never fear, I'll track down the name eventually.
[edit 13/11/10 - as promised, my stunning UFO is melaleuca wilsonii, read about it here]