(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3.9.11

MORE ORCHID MOMENTS

Today I visited one of the participating gardens in Australia's Open Garden Scheme called Orchid Grove in Buderim Qld.  Last year I posted some of the beauty from that garden when I was given a private tour by the owner, unfortunately on an overcast day.  Today's weather was similar but hopefully the photos will do them justice. Above is an example of Zygopetalum. What a stunner and it has a lovely fragrance.  Below is another favourite although I don't know the name.  I have gold dipped orchid earrings in this shape from Singapore.
I was so enamoured of these plants that I bought a small one, below, isn't she cute? It's called Dendrobium "Bardo Rose" which I thought was an Australian native, however according to what I've read is not the case. Oh well, I love it anyway.  Also has a delicate fragrance.