(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4.9.11

THIS WILL MAKE YOUR EYES WATER....

Being the big sook that I am, I have never tried this chilli which grows in a pot in my backyard.  I like the look of it but have been assured that it is practically off the richter scale (or whatever scale they use for chilli) hot and I value my taste buds too much to try it.  The fruit is black and could pass as a miniature egg plant before turning red so it makes a nice ornamental chilli too.  As to the name, I thought it might be Black Pearl, of the capsicum annuum genus, although an article I read said they're perfectly round which this is not, perhaps I should have saved it for What's This Wednesday.

They get much brighter red than this but I loved the colour of this one against the leaves.