(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1.2.12

"WHAT'S THIS?" WEDNESDAY XVIII - [SOLVED] ORANGE BUNCHES OF BEAUTY

 Before I started "What's This Wednesday", I posted about this unusual looking tree back in February 2010, 2 years on and it's still nameless (to me anyway).  The tree was absolutely covered in bright orange bunches of flower.  Rainbow Lorikeets are also big fans (you can see one enjoying the flowers in the last post).  Last year the tree had one flower bunch on it.  Fortunately, this year, conditions have been better for it and I found 2 other trees close by that are also flowering beautifully. 
But what is it?  
[edit 2/2/12:  I cunningly put a link to this post on my facebook account and one of my clever friends went looking and found out it is Colvillea racemosa, native to Madagasca, read about it here. Thanks Lee, maybe I'll change What's This Wednesdays to Facebook Fridays!]
The bunches just before they burst forth.