(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

14.8.12

LITTLE GREEN RIDING HOOD...

 Meet a member of the Greenhood Orchid family, photographed on my bush walk.  I'm no expert but have been looking at other photos online and believe these top 2 photos show the Blunt Greenhood aka Pterostylis curta.
 It's a wonder we didn't walk on it but luckily, our eagle eyed guide, Teresa, spotted this beauty before that could happen. Awkward moment avoided. I was last in the line of walkers so as I was leaving found a nice angled branch to surround and protect it.
I think this one is the Trim Greenhood Orchid (Pterostylis concinnagoing by photos I found online. They blend into the surrounding forest floor and are easily missed, in fact, I didn't notice this one for a while even though I was busy photographing something right beside it.