(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

27.4.14

SUNRISE/SUNSET OBSESSION..... MUCH?

 There was quite a spectacular sunset last night up here on the Sunshine Coast and, no doubt, in other places as well.  I get quite excited by the colours and it reminded me that I haven't posted much from my Tassie trip. (Much?  More like next to nothing)  Anyway, I'll start with this glorious sunrise from Swansea on the East Coast of Tasmania. I haven't edited the colour in any way either.  
 The advantage of daylight saving meant that I could get up around 6am which is quite a respectable hour in my book and be treated to the wonder that is Mother Nature.
 This shot was the sunset from almost the same place.  We had no view of the actual sunset because of trees etc but you can see the colours reflected beautifully in this shot from the beach.
 I was very pleased to think that in Strahan, which is on the West Coast, I'd be able to see the sun setting over the sea.  In the end, this was the best I could get from a boat, using my tablet as we headed out to sea (didn't realise we'd be going as we'd gone to book for the next morning and I cunningly forgot to take my camera). Shortly after taking this shot the clouds rolled in and completely covered the sunset. Hardly any rays managed to escape that thick blanket.  The same thing happened the next evening as well.  Bummer.
Managed to get this fiery sunset from the balcony of our room at Grindenwalk near Launceston.  Might have been a nicer shot if I'd thought to walk up to their little lake but didn't think of that till the next morning.

 After getting very little sleep in our cramped tent at Western Plains Zoo in Dubbo, we were rewarded with a lovely sunrise. We were at the Billabong Camp but if I was ever talked into visiting again, I'd opt for the much more expensive Zoofari Lodge.
Nothing wrong with this fantastic sunset from yesterday compared to other places on our trip.  They say there's no place like home and I say, they're right!  
  Mr Pelican was certainly enjoying the more muted colours as the sun slowly sank.
My apologies to facebook friends who will be thoroughly sick of my obsession by now I'm sure.   Next post will be birds or plants, promise.


8 comments:

  1. Wow, love them all - but particularly the one with Mr Pelican. Perfect composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liana. I was quite chuffed that Mr Pelican made himself available. I was actually driving the car out of the carpark when I noticed him to had to stop and get a couple more shots with him in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outdone yourself with these Sandy!! They're gorgeous, as are the colours! Of course specially loving the one with Mr Pelican. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. I do love a good sunset/sunrise obviously

      Delete
  4. A wonderful collection of photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Badger, they were wonderful vistas, hard not to get a good shot of them I'd say.

      Delete
  5. A gorgeous gathering of photos. I do love that pink morning sky at the Billabong Camp - beautiful reflections in the water. Great stuff :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Susan. It was a very pretty pink that morning and I love to get the 'free' extra colours in the water.

      Delete