(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5.11.14

LIFE'S A BIRCH FOR SOME....

I do love these European goldfinch which I snapped during my trip to Victoria back in August.  
Such cheeky little birds who love the 'nuts' of the birch trees.  Bits of 'nut' were flying as they munched away.
I first saw the  New Holland honeyeater in Tasmania and was delighted to find that my friends' trees and shrubs are also home to them in country Victoria. Love their striped PJ's.
This Red wattlebird was also hanging out in the birch trees.  Very noisy chap indeed.

4 comments:

  1. So pretty with the red head and yellow feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes a very sweet looking bird, thanks for visiting Di.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always cheers me up to see your beaut bird pics,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Badger, they always cheer me up just watching their antics. So glad you're on the mend. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete