(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12.12.15

FEATHERED LOVE AT HOME...


Just recently, I put up a water bowl for the birds as it's been so hot and was thrilled to have a new visitor.  This is the best shot I've ever managed of a sacred kingfisher.  Such a beautiful little bird. 
The green catbirds are frequent visitors to our area but very shy.  I've heard them way more times than I've seen them, probably because they're so well camouflaged.
This cheeky guy is a noisy friarbird and it flew up close to me in a shrub near my front door but was way down the front by the time I found the camera.  I was surprised at how small this one was so possibly it's a juvenile.
It was lovely to see some of my usual bird suspects since I've been home and here we have a male Australiasian figbird which was serenading me. He's quite Christmassy because of the red and green combo I think.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - what a great shot of the kingfisher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Badger, he was very accommodating to sit still for me. I blinked and he was gone!

      Delete