(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

20.1.19

ANOTHER SUNDAY WALK...

I'm continuing my Sunday walks for the paper in an effort to keep fit for an upcoming trip to Borneo and am extending the route as well.  Always lots to see, not that I'm always successful in capturing everything I see, but was very happy with this shot of a silvereye enjoying callistemon (@ bottle brush) for breakfast. 
This brown honeyeater was also having a "brush" for breakkie...
These  spangled drongos seemed to be in the middle of a singing contest...
Just recently I seem to be constantly walking into spider webs so couldn't believe I didn't stumble into this one, phew! Looks like the owner wasn't in residence at the time though.
The weir is usually alive with all sorts of critters but this morning, to my eyes and ears, it was deserted...  Across the road, the amazing nest tree from last post, was also deserted. Not one of the nests I documented was occupied. 
I wandered further into town and was treated to sighting of juvenile platypuses. I wouldn't know the difference but met up with a friend who is a bit of an expert on them and if he says it's a juvenile, I believe him. In fact, we saw 3 different ones in the creek below the infamous Woolworths store
 This turtle was also hanging around in the same area.  I've not spotted them there before...
These long walks in summer really are draining so I was happy to finally get the paper and start the climb up the hill home. This crested pigeon cheered me on...
 I'm surprised my heavy breathing and gasping didn't scare off the bees fighting over the magnolia at the gate but they allowed me to take a snap..



5 comments:

  1. Another great walk Sandy. That spiderweb! and the platypus - fantastic sights.
    "...upcoming trip to Borneo" - wow - exciting :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Glad you enjoyed the walk, stay tuned for Borneo snaps but won't be till July. Hope I don't melt in the heat is all. Enjoying some quite cool weather here in Maleny, especially compared to other parts of Australia. Feeling grateful for that.

      Delete
    2. will do Sandy... remember to pack the heatrash talc ;D)

      Delete
  2. Hello there, I've just come across from Sue's blog.

    Enjoyed seeing the photographs you've shared, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciated. Thanks for visiting Jan.

      Delete