(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

25.3.18

SUNDAY WALK...

To be honest, I've only managed a few Sunday Walks in the 4 months I've been living in Maleny (mainly due to the weather - too hot or too wet) but each walk has been very pleasant. Lots of interesting floral, fauna and statuary around.
I was pleased to find such a beautiful example of Indian clock vine here and it's been in flower for months, prompting me to see if I could find a spot in my own garden for it...
Absolutely love this giraffe left to graze in the front garden of a local doctor's surgery...
When I left this morning with only my phone camera I should have known there would be something for which I'd need the longer zoom of a camera. These wallabies/roos were off in a distant field...
A couple of the amazing camellias that grow in the area...
This blue butterfly flower is a prime example for my Animal Crackers but decided to include it here instead...
I was thrilled to spot a cactus flower and will try to remember to go back this evening, weather permitting, to see if it opens again or if any others are out. The cactus plant itself is huge, growing up into a large pine tree. Maybe it's a dragon fruit... 
 I suppose this one is from the ginger family and is quite common around Maleny;  gorgeous... 
 I have a couple of pots still with nodding violets but think this planting I spotted in a nearby yard is so spectacular, I might replant mine into something similar... 
Strictly speaking this sweet little treefrog is a Saturday photo...
Unfortunately, not all critters found on walks are so lovely. Got this one out of my head, where it had dropped in for a feed... 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy, Glad to read your posts again. That is the Golden Slipper Vine in your first photo. The Clock vine is the blue Thunbergia.
    Sorry to be a pain and correct you. A leopard never changes its spots. cheers Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will forgive you because it's lovely to hear from you. Now, there is a problem because I got the name from a few different sites including https://gardenofeaden.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/thunbergia-mysorensis-indian-clock-vine.html and a few nurseries who should be calling it by the right name. When I looked at a qld govt site where blue thunbergia is listed as a weed they gave common names as Blue trumpet vine, blue sky vine or laurel clock vine. Not to worry it is a very beautiful plant, weed or not. You talked me into using instagram which I did and now you're not on there! Haven't seen anything for ages, was worried you were dead. Pleased to see you aren't. :D

      Delete
  2. Hello Sandy, lovely to see all your photos.
    The Butterfly flower is so pretty - nature never fails to amaze :D) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Sue. Mother Nature deserves her own Mothers' Day don't you think? :D

      Delete
  3. Such gorgeous flowers and I love the frog. Poor little critter with the pin through it though haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di, I also love the frog. That tick caused me a few problems so only fair it should get stuck with a pin!

      Delete