(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15.3.21

KONDALILLA FALLS CALLS...

An outing to Kondalilla Falls with family on Friday was enjoyable, if a little tiring and in the end very damp. We didn't see the main Falls as the track to the bottom is temporarily closed due to a rock fall.
These first two photos are the first of the smaller falls you come to as you follow the track. We've had a bit of rain so they're flowing well.
Some of the pretty flowers we saw along the way.
This dragonfly was so vibrant I had to take its photo.
Quite a few trees were down, whether due to inclement weather or purposefully cut I don't know.
Up, up, up to the clouds.
Moss and lichen cover most rocks.
Gorgeous views of the Obi Valley from the lookout.
Not as much fungus around as I'd thought there'd be.
This pool was entertaining several swimmers, including a topless female when we came back around.
Below the pool I believe this leads to the main falls we couldn't see, apparently 80m high. Of course, if one goes down, one has come back up!
Some handy railings along the sometimes narrow paths.
This little eastern waterdragon blocked our way up wanting his photo taken. I heard birds but didn't see any. Too high up.
It was a cloudy morning and the heavens opened just as we were about to head up to the carpark so had to wait undercover for a few minutes. We arrived at the Kondalilla Restaurant above the carpark quite bedraggled but staff were very helpful, bringing towels and insisting we were fine to dine.  Highly recommended and we'll return for more delicious, well-priced meals.
This leech almost ruined my day! It must have dropped down the back of my vest during the walk and had been feeding on me while we walked. I didn't feel it at all, even after I wondered why I had blood on the hand. We found it still on my vest which I'd taken off when we sat down. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely day was had with Kara and Todd despite the rain!
    Great shots Sandy and that dragonfly looked a lot like he had a light on inside his body. So pretty!
    Ewww to the leech, but then you do seem to have the knack of attracting the creepy things hey...ticks and now leeches! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, very nice. Kara and I said we must bring Pam to this restaurant. Must be my high class blood that attracts the creepy crawlies. The photo of the swimming hole got Photo of the Day with the Sunshine Coast News yesterday so pretty chuffed.

      Delete