(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

27.5.21

ECLIPSED...

Last night I enjoyed a lunar eclipse at Howell Knob Lookout near Maleny. Although perhaps 'enjoyed' isn't quite the right word; endured maybe, although it was exciting too. By the time I left, I'd been standing for over four and a half hours having forgotten to take a chair. Duh! It's a great spot for stargazing at any time. Even the Glasshouse Mountains were waiting...
With everyone watching for the moon, the sun slipped away without much fanfare.
To be honest I didn't notice the moon at first due to the haze (probably from scheduled burns in the area) 
so it was already up by the time I found a good spot for a snap.


Shining brightly, more waiting for the eclipse...
Finally, it's starting...
....halfway there.
Almost...
Ta dah!!  
I didn't think I'd be able to get a photo of the total eclipse due to the low light but somehow managed this so happy enough.
I amused myself by trying for a star trail which turned out pretty well for a first effort and even saw a falling star (as opposed to a shooting star) which I thought could have been from someone flushing the loo in the aircraft flying over at the same time! I didn't wish on that star in case it was crap. :D
UFO? It was hovering around for ages but I just couldn't focus on it. Doo doo do do :D
 
***
left the Lookout almost straight after the total eclipse (figuring it would be just the same thing in reverse) but I was very cold despite wearing thermals, beanie, scarf and gloves and partaking of hot tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment