(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

25.5.21

NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH PLATYPUS!

I'm lucky to live in an area renowned for its platypus and never tire of trying to spot them when I'm out and about. This morning I was lucky enough to see two, separately in the same pond, then both swimming and feeding with a pied cormorant.
 

On its lonesome...
I must have hundreds of 2 or 3 second videos where I just get them diving.
I was concentrating on filming the platypus when the cormorant dived in at the end.
Two chums together...
A bit of synchronized diving...
...and then there were three!
In this footage, the platypus appeared to snag a yabby mid-swim and stopped to chow down. Sorry about that bush, made it hard to keep the camera steady trying to see what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment